[squid-users] cache_peer_access problem.

From: Tim Ballingall <tpb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:47:45 +1000

Hello to all.

My apologies if this question has been asked........

I'd like to use a parent proxy selectively, dependant on the user. Simple
enough - but, I have an ISDN connection that is driving our main Internet
connection and I am in the testing phase of implementing a new ADSL
connection to replace this. Given this situation, I don't want all my
users to use the new service, just in case it turns flaky. Therefore, most
of my users should continue to use the proxy without a parent - ie
always_direct.

If however they match the ACL testuser - then use the testproxy.

I have assumed this to be accomplished using cache_peer_access. This is what
I have so far but I still seem to be going direct.

cache_peer testproxy parent 8080 3130
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl testuser src 10.3.0.217/255.255.255.255

cache_peer_access testproxy allow testuser
cache_peer_access tesyproxy deny all

Currently I have this ( and have not changed it with the above requirements
included )

acl localips src 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
acl FTP proto FTP
always_direct allow FTP
always_direct allow localips

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks

Tim Ballingall
Network Administrator
Mazda Australia Pty Limited

Mazda Australia takes every precaution to ensure email messages
are virus free.

For extra protection you should virus scan this message yourself.