[squid-users] PAC problem. Cannot be resolved from documents

From: Carl <zmli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 9:45:54 +0800

Hi gurus,

I got a proxy-autoconfig problem. I looked up the squid-archieve and many other documents but still cannot get the answer. Help me please!!!

I installed squid-2.4.STABLE1 on Redhat 7.0 and wrote a simple testing .pac file as following ( It is exactly the same as I wrote on server):

function FindProxyForURL(url,host) {
        return "PROXY 202.38.124.252:3128";
}

I saved it as "autoproxy.pac" in Apache's "Document Root" directory. And also use AddType directive to add a line in httpd.conf as following:

AddType application/x-ns-proxy-autoconfig .pac

To make sure Apache take effective with the new configuration. I reboot the whole server completely and start Apache and Squid again. But, desperately, it not worked. It worked correctly if I fill the proxy address directly in browser's config. But if I fill the .pac file's URL(http://202.38.124.253/autoproxy.pac) in browser, it not worked. I thought thoroughly but still cannot resolve the problem. So I have to ask you expert. please help me!

Best,

Carl
2001-6-13
China Education and Research Network Center
Room 224, Central Main Building
Tsinghua University, Beijing
P.R.China 100084
Tel: 86-10-62784016