[squid-users] msnt_auth - denyusers file

From: Ken Thomson <Ken.Thomson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:11:03 +1000

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the denyusers file to work with msnt_auth.
Authentication works great - but it seems to ignore anything I place in the
deny users file.

I have checked the following:

contents of msntauth.conf file
------------------------------
# Sample MSNT authenticator configuration file
# Antonino Iannella, Stellar-X Pty Ltd
# Tue Sep 26 17:26:59 CST 2000

# server my_PDC my_BDC my_NTdomain
# server other_PDC other_BDC otherdomain

server TEST TEST2 TEST3

denyusers /usr/local/squid/etc/denyusers
# allowusers /usr/local/squid/etc/allowusers

^^^ please note I have changed the server line from what it actually shows.

contents of denyusers file
--------------------------
user1
testuser
test2

i) /usr/local/squid/etc/denyusers exists and is readable by the squid proxy
user (in fact it is 644).

ii) there are no error messages reported via syslog. msnt_auth reports that
it happily reads the denied user list without problems. It even checks for
changes periodically (although the checks are infrequent - perhaps once
every 16 hours or so).

I can successfully authenticate to the proxy using users user1, testuser &
test2.

Is the format of my denyusers file correct? ie. A single username per line?

Any idea what I am doing wrong. Remember that it is successful
authenticating to the domain - so it must be the handling of the denyusers
file which is going wrong.

TIA,
Ken.