Re: [squid-users] Disks configuration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:09:10 +0200

dbaldoni@iinet.net.au wrote:

> The external drives were built into a single large stripe (~50GB) and
> squid had the following configuration entries:
>
> Secondly, with the large cache size, I felt it much better to have
> a "broader" tree allowing for smaller individual directories.

Right. You should always select L1 high enought to allow all objects to
fit within the L2 directories.

L1 should be at least "cache_dir size" / 8KB / L2 / L2.

Having L1 to high won't hurt performance, but it will waste some inodes
on the filesystem. This is mostly of a concern for smaller caches
(<1GB).

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker