Re: [squid-users] Squid configuration and response times

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:12:52 +0200

dbaldoni@iinet.net.au wrote:

> Apparently, a general rule of thumb is to use the (Page Faults with
> physical I/O) / (Number of incoming HTTP requests received) ratio; both

Best measured as a delta

  Increase in page faults / increase in HTTP requests

taken during peak usage, or measured during the day each X minutes and
plotted...

> Any thoughts on what I should be looking at to provide the system owners
> with an accurate performance measure?

The above, combined with latency information, all plotted in nice
graphs. See MRTG and/or rrdtool for nice graph generators..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker