[squid-users] accelerator mode problem with cgi? that make gifs

From: Steve Taylor <staylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 13:56:00 -0700

Hi all,

I have just setup a squid server for accelerator mode and have run into a
problem that I'm having trouble solving.

When accessing a page on the accelerated host that has a counter on it,
squid does a direct fetch of the Count.cgi? with a list of parameters but a
500 (Internal Server Error) result code shows up in the log and the counter
gif is not displayed on the browser. This is not the case if I point my
browser directly to the page on the host.

2 things strike me:

1. The URL for the Count.cgi? is inside an image tag
(src="/cgi-bin/Count.cgi?...")and so the expected return is image content.

2. The entry in the access.log shows that the mime/type of the Count.cgi?
reply is text/html instead of image/gif.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas? Am I on the wrong track? All
other CGI content works just fine.

Thanks so much.

Steve Taylor
Natural Resources Canada