[squid-users] Proxy auth fails after adding password using htpasswd

From: Bradley Brown <bradley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 10:21:14 -0400

Hello all,
    I am using 2.2STABLE4 with NCSA authentication. I am using the
htpasswd utility to update the password file.
    If I add a user and password to the list with htpasswd, and then DO
NOT restart squid then the new user works fine. But once I restart
squid, all I get when I try to log in as the new user is "proxy auth
failed". I have tried changing the password afterwards, but no luck.
    I have not had to add a user for some time, and I have not changed
anything to squid's configuration for quite a while.
    If anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear them. Maybe
there is something obvious that I am missing???
    Would upgrading to 2.4STABLE1 be the answer???
Thank you very much in advance,
Bradley