[squid-users] Internally & Internet Access

From: <toledo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:06:04 -0300

Hello!

We are using squid for proxy and cache and have 3 siblings.
To analyse the users access, we have an application that process squid´s
logs (analog), but can´t do cross-reference.

Now, we want to use the same application to analyse the squid performance.
So, at the moment, we only want to distinct, with no redundance, what was
resolved internally (by the caches) from what was download externally (from
Internet).

I read many pages in doc and faqs, including FAQ-6.htm and can´t understand
all the meaning.
Anybody can help me if it´s correct to use something similar to `TCP*HIT´
(column 3) =~ internally ´, and ´DIRECT´ (collumn 8) =~ Internet ?

Thanks in advance,

Dimas Toledo da Silva
Banco do Brasil S.A.
Analista de Informática
Portal Banco do Brasil
toledo@bb.com.br

Nota:
     Minhas opiniões e afirmativas não expressam necessariamente
     as da empresa a que estou vinculado