Re: [squid-users] Compile Squid for Windows

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:26:52 +0200

Tobo Atchou wrote:

> Thanks Bob. It's good.
> But, I still have another problem. Can someone tell me how to enable dns
> when compiling the squid source (./configure --enable...).
> When I run squid, I have the following error
> FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname.Please set 'visible
> hostname'

It is not about DNS. It is about host configuration. Your cygwin
installation does not know it's fully qualified domain name.

Either tell Squid what the name is as instructed above, or figure out
how to tell cygwin what the hostname is.

The same reasoning applies to DNS server settings.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker