Re: [squid-users] Problem with using wpad for autoconfiguration.

From: Adam Lang <aalang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:56:28 -0400

Well, if you think about it, it really isn't a bug. Basically the way the
autoconfigure works is it (IE) looks for the wpad server, pulls down the
config file and parses it. How would java know how to parse the file unless
it was programemd in?

Whereas if you type in the actual proxy information, that is set for the OS
and applications can use it appropriately (it is probably transparent
through the window sockets or something... the OS probably habndles the
proxy routing).

wpad is only good for IE or programs that know to look for it and parse it,
so it seems.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company