[squid-users] authentication in squid

From: K.Deepak <kdeepak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:36:03 +0530

Dear All,

I have squid versoin squid-2.2.STABLE5-13 running on a RedHat linux 6.2
machine. Everything is working fine. I would like to have an extra
option in that. Is it possible to give a authentication in squid.
Meaning if anybody browses from the subnet 192.168.1.0 via the squid
proxy server, it should ask a user name and password irrespective of the

machine from which he is trying to access internet. Once the
authentication is done, he/she should be allowed to browse the internet.

and the authentication should be logged by squid.

Please tell me know whether this is possible or not. If yes, please give

me a step by step procudure. since i am novice user, i am newbie to
squid.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
K.Deepa