[squid-users] WCCP Almost working

From: Tim Wolfe <TimW@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:31:18 -0700

I'm attempting to use Squid 2.4.1 on Linux 2.4.2 WCCP to a Cisco 3660
running 12.1.5T. I can see the squid server when I do a show ip wccp and I
setup an ACL to only perform redirects for a specific host. When I attempt
to access any pages from that host, I get a message (see below) from Squid
saying my URL is invalid (called as "lynx http://www.yahoo.com/
<http://www.yahoo.com/> "). This would lead me to believe that WCCP
redirect is working (Otherwise how would I get a response from Squid without
configuring lynx to use a proxy?) but I don't see anything in the cache.log
or /var/log/messages despite the fact that I've started Squid as
/usr/local/squid/bin/squid -d 9 -s -X Any ideas, please?

ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: /

The following error was encountered:

* Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

* Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)

* Missing hostname

* Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path

* Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

Generated Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:20:10 GMT by squid.willamette.net
(Squid/2.4.STABLE1)

Thanks,

--Tim

Timothy M. Wolfe CCSE/NSA/CCNA