Re: [squid-users] Squid 64Bits ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 18:17:22 +0200

Hederson wrote:

> But the squid does not recognizes more than 32768 filedescriptors...

Are you sure you really need that many? It is a HUGE amount. In fact,
way before Squid would even be close to require this amount of
filedescriptors you SHOULD run into basic TCP limitations (exception: If
you run a accelerator where all content are cached in ram).

> 2001/06/21 12:24:27| comm_accept: FD 74: (130) Software caused
> connection abort

This message is (or should not at least) be related to the amount of
filedescriptors in use. When running out of filedescriptors Squid will
tell you explicitly.

To find out the amount of filedescriptors in use, see cachemgr "General
runtime information".

If the above message is what it looks like then it should be quite
harmless, but I am not very familar with Solaris TCP error reporting.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker