Re: [squid-users] CACHE_MEM and MAXIMUM_OBJECT_SIZE

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

so figure it's gonna use about 300-350MB for the squid process in order to
handle the cache disk (when it's full) so that leaves you with 150-200MB
of memory to play with... I'd probably set CACHE_MEM to something on the
order of 64-96MB under those circumstances.

max object size isn't really going to affect disk or memory
utilization just the maximum size of the objects stored on the disk... I
generally set mine down around 2000KB large object could conceivably skew
your hit-rate down if there are lots of them but if people retireve the
same large object frequently it may save you lots on the bandwidth side...
salt to taste.

joelja