Re: [squid-users] mirroring help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:54:57 +0200

M. Yu wrote:

> > Use the redirector interface.
>
> OK, I'm looking at JesRed and Squirm right now. Anyone have any experience
> with those? Any other redirectors to suggest?

I write my own when I need one. In most cases it is simpler to bother
learning a premade one..

> > Or you could theoretically play games with making the mirror a
> > cache_peer, and use cache_peer_access to control which domains are sent
> > there.
>
> How? A cache_peer is supposed to specify a neighbor cache and not a HTTP
> server (that is, they should speak ICP). I was thinking that the mirror
> would be running Apache to serve the mirrored pages.

cache_peer does not require ICP. In current versions it however requires
that the server is HTTP/1.1 compliant in the sense that it accepts
requests using absolute URLs (http://hostname/path).

See the no-query cache_peer option.

--
Henrik Nordstrom