Re: [squid-users] always_direct

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 09:32:30 +0200

Yes.

This directive only tells Squid that Squid must go directly to the site,
ignoring any cache_peer settings. Similar to the "No proxy for" setting
in the browsers proxy settings.

If you want to exclude a site from proxying you must do this in the
browser (or router redirection if you are doing transparent proxying).
Once the request has arrived at the proxy it is too late to exclude it
from proxying..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker