[Fwd: [squid-users] Proxy refuses to connect with some sites]

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:53:41 +0200

 Well,sorry for this way of additional post.
 The mailer list sw does not seem to like bcc's...

--
 'Love is truth without any future.
 (M.E. 1997)

attached mail follows:

mohamed wrote:

> I am running a compiled version of Squid v2.4 stable1 on a Redhat Linux
> v7.1 with a 2.4.3 kernel.
> I am not running it as a transparent proxy rather through a .pac
> autoconfig file for the web browsers.
> Some sites squid just does not connect to giving connection refused
> errors, I doubt all of these sites dont comply with rfc 1738, or use
> underscorses in the url, rather I think many of them use long urls and
> squid does not seem to like long urls. I find myself regularly adding
> sites to exclude the .pac autoconfig file from connecting to via the
> proxy but instead using a direct connection as a workaround.
> Here are some examples of sites that timeout with Squid but connect fine
> through a direct connection:-
> www.theregister.co.uk
> www.guardianunlimited.co.uk
> www.ask.co.uk
>
> Any ideas on how to solve this ?
> Also is there any way to allow squid to stop ignoring sites that dont
> comply with rfc 1738 ? Can a few lines of the source code be edited
> prior to compiling squid to do this ?
>
> Thanks

 Take care about TCP/IP with TCP_ECN, your internet access or some
other internet devices as routers and whatever is out there may
not support it fully.

 Try

echo 0 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

 In your startup environment,see what happens after reboot.

 Marc.