Re: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] How use squid to be a ftp proxy?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:44:33 +0200

As said Squid is only a HTTP proxy. As such it can accept requests from
HTTP clients requesting various URL's including http://, ftp:// and
gopher:// if the HTTP client is configured to use it as a proxy.

If you need a proxy for a FTP client then you need a FTP proxy. There is
at least three different FTP proxies available on the net:

* TIS FWTK ftp-gw
* SuSe proxy suite <http://www.suse.com/en/support/proxy_suite/>
* frox <http://frox.sourceforge.net/>

plus a number of commercial ones..