Re: [squid-users] Cache used??

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 09:36:32 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Subba Rao wrote:

> I have Squid setup for 200MB for cache storage. This configuration has been
> running for a few months now. I would like to know the usage stats of Squid.
> What I am looking for is mainly with the cache storage space? If I am running
> low then I would like to increase the disk space.

Squid (when running properly) never runs out of space. You have limits
configured in squid.conf. When squid fills the cache to those limits it
starts deleting old cache objects.

> Is there any way to find
> out on a weekly basis the storage and cached URLs? Personally, I don't care for
> the cached URLs or visted URLs but I would like to know what type of URLs are
> getting cached and which are not. My observation is that most .org and .gov
> sites get cached and most .com sites (most visited domains) don't get cached.o

I guess for this information you'd need to look at the logs. You might
also want to look at cachemgr.cgi.

You should probably also have a look at www.squid-cache.org, especially
the FAQ.

Colin