Re: [squid-users] Request Methods / Exchange

From: Simon Allenby <simona@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:17:32 +0100

I'm running 2.3.STABLE4-1 at the moment, as I had significant problems
getting an early release of 2.4 to run. I'll have to give the latest source
a bash, and see if I get any more joy.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

>Squid 2.4 should support exchange OOTB. What squid version are you running?
>
>Rob

>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have been having some problems with one of our Exchange servers, and
web
>> access through our Squid box to it. Searching through the mailing list
>> archives it appears others have had the same problem. I am seeing
>> "error-unsupported-request-method" in the access.log, and "Unsupported
>> method 'SEARCH'" in the cache.log.
>>
>> I *do* know that it's Micro$oft making the rules up as they go (again),
>and
>> I do feel that they shouldn't do it, but until I can get everything
>migrated
>> to IMAP, LDAP, PHP and MySQL on Linux, I'm stuck with it. So, two
>questions:
>>
>> 1. Does any body know a fix for this problem? The list archives don't
>really
>> have any solutions.
>>
>> 2. Is DAV and DASL compatibility planned for Squid? Exchange is a common
>web
>> application nowadays (whether I like it or not). If so, is there an ETA
at
>> all? I couldn't find any mention in the ToDo list.

[snip]

 This communication is confidential and is intended
 only for the person to whom it is addressed.
 If you are not that person you are not permitted to
 make use of the information and you are requested
 to destroy the copy in your possession immediately.