[squid-users] Request Methods / Exchange

From: Simon Allenby <simona@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 14:56:12 +0100

Hi All,

I have been having some problems with one of our Exchange servers, and web
access through our Squid box to it. Searching through the mailing list
archives it appears others have had the same problem. I am seeing
"error-unsupported-request-method" in the access.log, and "Unsupported
method 'SEARCH'" in the cache.log.

I *do* know that it's Micro$oft making the rules up as they go (again), and
I do feel that they shouldn't do it, but until I can get everything migrated
to IMAP, LDAP, PHP and MySQL on Linux, I'm stuck with it. So, two questions:

1. Does any body know a fix for this problem? The list archives don't really
have any solutions.

2. Is DAV and DASL compatibility planned for Squid? Exchange is a common web
application nowadays (whether I like it or not). If so, is there an ETA at
all? I couldn't find any mention in the ToDo list.

As ever, any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Simon

Simon Allenby - IT - Project Telecom
email - simona@projtel.co.uk
Direct line 01636 615200

 This communication is confidential and is intended
 only for the person to whom it is addressed.
 If you are not that person you are not permitted to
 make use of the information and you are requested
 to destroy the copy in your possession immediately.