Re: [squid-users] % of improvement in async I/O

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 17:17:47 +0200

Naeem wrote:

> Ok. i was running kernel version 2.2.14-5(default kernel version that ships
> with RH 6.2) does this matter?

Should not. But I'd recommend upgrading with the RedHat 6.2 official
upgrades if you are running a stock RH6.2 install... (lots and lots of
security fixes).

I don't think Squid should segfault on a default RH6.2 install, but at
the same time, glibc is one of the components I have upgraded.

But I do not think upgrading the glibc will solve your problem. The
problem is most likely elsewhere (in fact, I am afraid it may be a Squid
bug). However, upgrading glibc certainly won't make things worse.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker