[squid-users] Installation problem

From: Eliyah Lovkoff <elovkoff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 12:40:38 -0500

/configure works fine but when I issue 'make' I receive the error message 'bash: make: command not found'
My friend told me that if I have makefile file then I have to do
perl makefile
and then issue 'make install'
When I isuue 'perl makefile' I receive the following error message:
'Syntax error at makefile line 4, near "=."
Bareword found where operator expected at makefile line 7, near "/usr/bin"
(Missing operator before bin?)
Semicolon seems to be missing at makefile line number 8
Unrecognized file test: -m at makefile line 9

Do you have any idea what did I do wrong?