RE: [squid-users] ICP link load-balancing... without ICP?

From: BAARDA, Don <don.baarda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:50:35 +0930

G'day squid-users,

In case anyone is interested, we are now running ICP <-> ICMP ping mappers
on our upstream proxies that don't support ICP. We are using this to load
balance four links to different parent proxies, two that do support ICP and
two that don't. The links are all of different bandwidths and have different
additional traffic on them. The load balancing is working nicely, with the
ICP ping times of all parents sitting below 200ms most of the time.