Re: [squid-users] Squid Redirection

From: <laurence@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:25:21 +0100

>It's not an ACL issue. You must configure a "cache_peer" as parent, eg
>
> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 81 0 no-query
>
>But you also need the "never_direct" option.
>
>Colin

I think you might misunderstand, the other proxy i'm trying to connect
through isn't another cache, it checks URL's against a list of banned sites
(Junkbuster - http://sourceforge.net/projects/ijbswa), and serves an error
message if a match is found. From looking at the cache_peer option, i would
surmise that it's mostly used to connect to other cache servers - do you
think that it could be modified for this purpose? I'll give it a test
anyway!

Laurence J Praties
Systems Administrator
Gazelle Informatics Ltd