Re: [squid-users] Squid Redirection

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:59:37 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 laurence@gazelle.net wrote:

> >It's not an ACL issue. You must configure a "cache_peer" as parent, eg
> >
> > cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 81 0 no-query
> >
> >But you also need the "never_direct" option.
> >
> >Colin
>
> I think you might misunderstand, the other proxy i'm trying to connect
> through isn't another cache, it checks URL's against a list of banned sites
> (Junkbuster - http://sourceforge.net/projects/ijbswa), and serves an error
> message if a match is found. From looking at the cache_peer option, i would
> surmise that it's mostly used to connect to other cache servers - do you
> think that it could be modified for this purpose? I'll give it a test
> anyway!

No, I had it correct. You must make your squid think that junkbuster is
another proxy (it doesn't have to be a cache - that's what the no-query is
for). The line I presented is a modified version of the one I use to talk
to my firewall http proxy.

Your browsers talk to squid. Squid must talk to junkbutser and junkbuster
either blocks junk or connects to the web server. The correct way to do
this is as I suggested - junkbuster is a parent proxy.

Colin