[squid-users] Outlook Web Access and squid

From: Jorge Cuellar Martinez <jorge.cuellar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:17:55 -0500

Actually, i'm using squid with authentication but not as http_accel_host but
as a web proxy... (OWA is not on this LAN i access it through the internet
to another site on other company)
DNS is not an issue, i have DNS servers inside and forwarders to the outside
(internet)
squid is not compiled with internal DNS...

So squid listens on it's default port 3128 and OWA listens on 80, my owa
works just fine on a modem or going straigth, but if i go through squid i
cannot see the contents of my folders (inbox, outbox, etc)

Squid only shows in the logs (Method not implemented)
As i was telling you, i had this problem before with Raptor, its native type
of http proxy didn't support the method, so i had to change it to a plain
proxy wich sends any thing that is being requested on one side (valid or
not) to the other side, or a packet filtering rule....

My theory is that OWA and Exchange uses a kind of requests that only the
exchange server understands (not a standard for http), so if you put a proxy
that rejects any invalid request it won't work...

Any comments?