Re: [squid-users] local_ip and local_domain unrecognized in 2.4.1 Stable 1

From: <jbarnes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:29:35 -0000

Thanks,

That fixed the syntax but not the problem.
Perhaps I should explain a little more about
the nature of the problem.
What we have is an issue where some of our
end users are unable to login to secure
sites that require a user name and password
or any login page that uses a POST method
(e.g. a web page that allows you to send
messages to a pager or cell phone)
The users report that they can see the page,
it displays correctly but when they press
the "submit" button, nothing happens.
However if they unroute the traffic from the
squid cache, they can visit these same pages
and the "submit" functions work perfectly.
So, we were attempting to force those sites
to go direct but it does not seem to have
any affect. The users still report the problem
even with the domain set to go direct.
(Keeping in mind that it works fine without squid in the mix)

Any suggestions as to what may cause this?

Thanks!