Re: [squid-users] Using Squid as a URL rewrite service..

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:18:51 -0500

There is nothing currently in Squid to do this.

Moez wrote some code based on Robert's filters framework which did just
that. However, the client we were doing it for disappeared (I think
they burned through their venture capital faster than expected) before
the work was completed, so it hasn't been updated in a few months and it
  never reached a useful state.

If you plan to actually code something like this, let me know and I'll
provide what we had already written and help where I can. If not, the
code isn't useable in it's current state and will definitely need work.

I expect to get back around to working on it eventually, even if it
doesn't get funded by clients, but it's a ways out--I'm working on some
other stuff right now.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances