Re: [squid-users] Transparent FTP proxy?

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:56:19 -0500

Squid does not currently provide transparent FTP functionality.

You can give Frox a try, though, which does transparent FTP proxying and
can use Squid as a storage backend for caching. I have not tried Frox
in a production setting (and don't consider it mature enough to rollout
into such a setting) but others are using it with success. (Edward, who
pops up here on the list occasionally, has an ISP running through Frox
with success. Maybe he'll chime in with his experience.)

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances