Re: [squid-users] Transparent-parent

From: Matt Buford <matt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:04:33 -0500

It is better to specify the parent than to get transparently redirected. By
specifying the parent, your child squid no longer has to do DNS lookups for
all the sites in most cases, and you also get to take advantage of
persistant connections to your parent. With transparent proxying, your
squid will think it is talking to a number of sites, and not make much use
of persistant connections.