Re: [squid-users] advice on how to use the CVS for squid

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:04:10 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Van Bossche Koen" <Koen.VanBossche@KONE.com>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>; <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 8:49 PM
Subject: [squid-users] advice on how to use the CVS for squid

> Hi,
> I want to get squid-cvs on my machine, though I'm stuck and do not know
how
> to go on further.
> This is what I have done :
> I made my own account, though this does not work. I can login on the site
> using this account, thought I cannot use it withing the CVS command. So I
> tried it with anonymous (which works) :
> export CVS_RSH=ssh
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.squid.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squid co squid

Then you have a sandbox with HEAD revision in it.

> Then I did :
> cvs tag HEAD

Why did you do that? Do you know how to use CVS? The cvs tag command alters
the CVS repository, and is _not_ needed for most developers, letalone
someone who just wants access to source code.

Rob

> This gives the following result :
> ? configure
> ? include/autoconf.h.in
> cvs [server aborted]: "cvstag" requires write access to the repository
>
> If I look into the directory auth_modules/NT. I only have a directory CVS.

That's because all the modules were moved to src/auth/<scheme>/helpers

> How do I make a package, which I can use on another machine with all the
> infomation I need? Like to have some advice of users using CVS.

What sort of package are you trying to make? Why not just use one of the 2.5
daily tarballs?

Rob