[squid-users] advice on how to use the CVS for squid

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:49:03 +0300

Hi,
I want to get squid-cvs on my machine, though I'm stuck and do not know how
to go on further.
This is what I have done :
I made my own account, though this does not work. I can login on the site
using this account, thought I cannot use it withing the CVS command. So I
tried it with anonymous (which works) :
export CVS_RSH=ssh
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.squid.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/squid co squid

Then I did :
cvs tag HEAD
This gives the following result :
? configure
? include/autoconf.h.in
cvs [server aborted]: "cvstag" requires write access to the repository

If I look into the directory auth_modules/NT. I only have a directory CVS.

How do I make a package, which I can use on another machine with all the
infomation I need? Like to have some advice of users using CVS.

BR
Koen