[squid-users] Question about squid as an accelerator

From: Smith, Kraig <ksmith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:00:34 -0700

Hello,
  I have a question regarding using squid as an accelerator.

We are currently testing a secure squid platform (2.4) setup as an
accelerator on a Linux 7.1 to access a web server inside our firewall and is
working very well.

We have noticed that when a request is made to the accelerator and the
request is then sent to the web server that it sends
quite a few port calls to the web server. These usually are in the port
range of 1029 to 1340. We were wondering why?

We believed that it should only be calling the port number that we
designated in the squid configuration say 3120 or some other number.

I would appreciate any information you could give us.

Thank you,

Kraig Smith