Re: [squid-users] More on "aio_queue_request: WARNING - Queue congestion"

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:10:19 -0400

The error means the IO queue has built up to an unusual level. With hard
drives, the drive can fall behind and leave all of the threads blocked for
too long. In a case like this, a flash of load is probably building up
the queue for a moment. More threads would allow more requests in
progress.

Our squid httpd-accels produced several congestion and overloading
messages an hour without harm (well... actually it seems to leak file
descriptors around the overloading point). I finally tweaked it so
requests wouldn't be saved to disk until squid got at least 2 requests for
it.

        -- Brian