RE: [squid-users] squid + Intel STL2 and slow performance after fewhours [Was: RE: [squid-users] PLEASE HELP: Large cache deployment and squid]

From: Mitesh P Choksi <mitesh.choksi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:18:18 +0300

Problem solved for now.

kernel downgrade to 2.2.19 helped. The box now shows less requests per
minute in Genreal Runtime Information because they are served faster.

The throughput is superb. CPU utilisation is 1-5% depending on requests.
10req/sec doesn't matter now. before it used to go to 80-90% utilisation.

Tested for more than 12 hours now. Will update if need be.

Thank you everybody and I hope that I can share my experiences with all
other newbies.