Re: [squid-users] Help with ACL

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 15:11:58 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On 1 Aug 2001 glynn@itextron.com wrote:

> Hello I wonder if anyone can help me with my problem.
>
> I have many ip addresses, how can i configure my squid acl to handle
> many ip addresses without editing the squid.conf? is there a way to
> make a file for all the ip addresses who can use the proxy?

Have you tried reading squid.conf? Look at this:

# ACCESS CONTROLS
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------
# TAG: acl
# Defining an Access List
#
# acl aclname acltype string1 ...
# acl aclname acltype "file" ...
#
# when using "file", the file should contain one item per line
#
# acltype is one of src dst srcdomain dstdomain url_pattern
# urlpath_pattern time port proto method browser user
#
# By default, regular expressions are CASE-SENSITIVE. To make
# them case-insensitive, use the -i option.

Seems to me to fit your problem. I just tried it with "acl src localnet
/squid/etc/localnet". The only issue you will have is the requirement to
run "squid -k reconfigure" to make it re-read squid.conf and consequently
all the files.

Colin