[squid-users] Mcafee problem

From: TomC <livia74@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 22:14:05 +0800

Hi all,
I'm working in a ISP and we redirect all the port 80 traffic of the
dialup users to a squid transparent proxy with port 8080 by a redirector
Alteon. We have some users using Mcafee virus scanner and they click
"update" button on the scanner to update their software. But, the
software shows that can't connect to the server as "HTTP/1.0 503 Service
Unavailable" error. I think this is caused by the tranparent proxy. If I
have found the destination ip address of the mcafee servers, can I use
always_direct to fix this problem?