Re: [squid-users] Mcafee problem

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2001 09:48:18 -0500

No, probably not. always_direct still goes through the proxy...it just
doesn't serve the object from the cache. This request is probably
having problems with being proxied not with being cached (though you
can't have caching without the proxying).

You'll need to bypass the IP at the network layer. In your L4 switch is
the right place to be looking for a bypass option. We usually do it in
IPChains...but if the Alteon is doing the port redirection as well as
the traffic direction, then that won't work.

Good luck!

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances