RE: [squid-users] Squid 2.4.STABLE1 & user authentication

From: David Gameau <David.Gameau@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:14:02 +0930

> I am trying to use the MSNT 2.0.1 authentication module to authenticate
> users with squid. It is working, BUT I have not been able to deny access to
> certain users.
>
> I have tried using the denyusers file that MSNT auth supports. It says that
> it reads the file - but it doesn't deny any usernames listed in the file
> (??) . I have tried using the ident acl in squid.conf, it also doesn't seem
> to deny users access to the proxy.
>
> eg.
>
> acl badusers ident testuser
> http_access deny badusers

For the MSNT authenticator, try:

        acl badusers proxy_auth testuser
        http_access deny badusers

The key here is that you need to use the 'proxy_auth', rather than the 'ident'
tag in the acl.

I haven't actually tried to use the denyusers file provided by MSNT auth,
myself.

Cheers,
David.
__

David Gameau
I.T.S. - Unix Team
University of South Australia

email: David.Gameau@UniSA.edu.au
phone: +61 8 302 3533
fax: +61 8 302 5800

Disclaimer: I didn't do it. Nobody saw me do it. You can't prove
anything.