[squid-users] Squid 2.4.STABLE1 & user authentication

From: Ken Thomson <Ken.Thomson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 12:27:26 +1000

Hi,

I am trying to use the MSNT 2.0.1 authentication module to authenticate
users with squid. It is working, BUT I have not been able to deny access to
certain users.

I have tried using the denyusers file that MSNT auth supports. It says that
it reads the file - but it doesn't deny any usernames listed in the file
(??) . I have tried using the ident acl in squid.conf, it also doesn't seem
to deny users access to the proxy.

eg.

acl badusers ident testuser
http_access deny badusers

nb. the http_access line above is the first one appearing in squid.conf.

I am at a total loss now, after experimenting with different configs for
quite a while - all with the same result. I must be able to disable access
to certain user names - otherwise I have to throw out user authentication.

Can any help me? There must be a logical explanation.

Regards,
Ken.