[squid-users] Page that sends many cookies won't load.

From: Murphy Terrance M <MurphyTerranceM@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:03:36 -0500

A web page that loads fine directly from a browser will not load going
through Squid 2.3STABLE4.
Also the page asks and sets the same disk cookie up to 8 times. Don't know
if the failure to load problem is
the web app or my Squid setup, but this is the only public web page that
exhibits this behavior and
unfortunately is required for business use by some of our corporate users.
Before I try to
contact the application's support staff (if it exists) I need to get my
ducks in a row.

The page has its own application login which seems to work OK, but the page
hangs afterward loading
one of those Javascript expandable menus. The script is not imbedded, but
doing a snoop of the
download I can see that the HTML code seems jumbled from one attempt to
another. That is, the
amount and content of the retrieved HTML code is out of order or missing
sometimes. Hard to tell exactly
what is going on here without going to extreme effort to gather and compare
it...

I know this isn't alot to go on, basically fishing right now.... couldn't
find anything in the Squid Users MailList.

SETUP
-----------
Solaris 2.6
squid2.3stable4
three servers load balanced behind a layer 4 switch
separate real IPs for incoming and outgoing traffic for each server

Thanks,

Terry Murphy
Network Public Access
Deere and Company