[squid-users] squidGuard issues

From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:50:04 -0400

Folks,

I know that this is the squid mailing list, not the squidGuard mailing
list, but I get the impression that a lot of you know quite a bit about
squidGuard. So I hope you don't mind?
I do not see a single word on the squidGuard web site about how to
configure squid to work with squidGuard. Can someone point me in the
right direction?

I am trying to understand the blacklist provided by squidGuard and how
to use it and the database in general. I am not familary with Berkley
DB. I have extraced the balcklist.tar.gz into my
/usr/local/squidGuard/db directory. I see <filename>.db file, does this
mean that I do not have to create the database files? When setting
things up in the squidGuard.conf file, by placing:

dest local {
        domainlist blacklists/porn
}

does squidGuard know that the domain file is
/usr/local/squidGuard/db/blacklists/porn/domain.db? (Yes, I have the
path setup)

The configuration section on the web site talks about Prebuild
databases. If my understanding is correct, the text file is created,
then I have to run squidGuard with a -C option and the listfilename to
create the DB. Where should I be running this from? The directory that
the DB is in? What should the results of this be?

Sam