Re: [squid-users] squidGuard issues

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:36:27 +0200

>Folks,

>I know that this is the squid mailing list, not the squidGuard mailing
>list, but I get the impression that a lot of you know quite a bit about
>squidGuard. So I hope you don't mind?
>I do not see a single word on the squidGuard web site about how to
>configure squid to work with squidGuard. Can someone point me in the
>right direction?

 When you install(ed) squidguard, you have to specify
the binary (path) as you redirect_program in squid.conf.
See comments on : redirect_program in squid.conf and related
option.
Have a search on 'redirect' in squid.conf , and enjoy reading the
very usefull comments on the related options.

>I am trying to understand the blacklist provided by squidGuard and how
>to use it and the database in general. I am not familary with Berkley

 Basically squidguard will recognize an ascii/simple porn file
as you put it in the conf file.
In that case squidguard will convert it internally to a db file
in memory when a particular squidguard process starts.
Doesn't cause to much overhead I feel.

Marc.

--
 'Love is truth without any future.