[squid-users] performance impact of filters

From: Miklos Magyari <miklos.magyari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:02:05 +0200

hi squidders,

when we set up our squid, we've created some url regex filters for
non-work sites. As we analyzed the logs, we kept adding new filters.
Later we found this as an endless fight, and created a script that adds
filters automatically. The problem is that the filter acl list (which is
now dstdomain-based) is growing fast. Can someone give me some info
about the performance impact of having a lot of (for example some
thousand) dstdomain acl's?

thanks,
Miki