Re: [squid-users] SQUID and DNS problem (fwd)

From: Fábio S. Torres <fast.net@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 23:33:00 -0300

Thank you Peter,

I'll try this asap !!!

I hope it helps me so !!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Cheney <pcheney@thiess.com.au>
To: Fábio S. Torres <fast.net@ig.com.br>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] SQUID and DNS problem (fwd)

> Fabio,
>
> Here is reply I sent you some days ago to your other address but it
bounced.

> HTH
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Cheney P: +61 (7) 3002 9814
> System Administrator F: +61 (7) 3002 9829
> Thiess Pty Ltd M: +61 (4) 0818 6290
> 'We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.'

server is connected to (eg proxy.company.com) and the 10.1.3.1, 10.1.3.2,
10.1.3.3 are the primary, secondary, and ternary nameservers for your
domain.

> If you aren't using DNS then you will likely need to add an antry into
/etc/hosts so that the proxy can resolve the name into an address.

> /etc/nsswitch.conf is another file that helps determin the order in which
things are searched, eg look in /etc/hosts first, then DNS, then NIS etc
etc. You may need to alter this file to acheive the correct result depending
how you decide to resolve names.

> HTH
> Peter
>
> |Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:23:39 -0300
> |From: "[iso-8859-1] Fábio S. Torres" <fast.net@ig.com.br>
> |To: Squid List <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
> |Subject: [squid-users] SQUID and DNS problem
> |
> |I'm trying to configurate SQUID, but I'm receiving a message tha it could
not resolv the address name
> |I tried to edit /etc/resolv.conf but it didn't get good result
> |
> |Some body can help me...???
> |
> |Thanks
> |

> | Fabio...
> |

> --
> Peter Cheney P: +61 (7) 3002 9814
> System Administrator F: +61 (7) 3002 9829
> Thiess Pty Ltd M: +61 (4) 0818 6290
> 'We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.'

> IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential and
privileged. If received in error, please contact Thiess and delete all
copies. You may not rely on advice and documents received by email unless
confirmed by a signed Thiess letter. Before opening or using attachments,
check them for viruses and defects. Thiess' liability is limited to
resupplying any affected attachments.