RE: [squid-users] streaming clients and memory usage

From: Jan Van der Veken <jvanderveken@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:30:42 +0200

The maximum_object_size_in_memory setting didn't seem to have
much effect.

However your comment about memory pools did ring a bell... I
tried setting the memory_pools_limit to 32MB and it seems that
squid now stops eating memory around 50MB ....

50MB is still a lot for this system, so I will try to set the
parameter to a lower value and see what it gives. I'm also
keeping an eye on the performance of the cache, because my
guts tell me that it's not really beneficial for the performance
if all memory is being used for "caching" streaming audio ....

Regards,
Jan Van der Veken
System Engineer
Connect NV