[squid-users] Filtering by user question

From: Lance Peterson <dlancep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:44:34 -0500

I have searched all over the net for an example of how to filter by user
in squid. The closest I have found is your article on Byte.

Lets say I have two users, 'parents' and 'kids' each setup on my linux
box in a password file that is accessed by ncsa_auth.

I want to deny porn to kids, but allow parents to go anywhere from any
computer on the network. So no matter which computer a person sits down
in front of, they log in as 'kids' and get filtered for porn, or log
in as 'parents' and no filters apply.

Heres what I tried that didn't work:

acl parents proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl kids proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl porn url_regex -i "/etc/squid/porn.block"

http_access allow parents
http_access deny porn
http_access allow kids

For some reason, once authenticated both parents and kids have full access.
 Why is kids not filtered since porn is before kids? Also, if I remove
the 'parents' acl's, then 'kids' is filtered properly. So it appears
to me that when 'kids' log in, then the 'http_access allow parents' accepts
requests from the 'kids' logon.

Could you help me with this? I can't find anything to show me the proper
way.

Thank you very much,
Lance Peterson

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com