Re: [squid-users] WCCP with squid problem

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:34:07 -0500

Have you tried giving the Squid box a static route to your local subnet,
such that return Squid traffic does not pass through the router on it's
way to the clients? (Perhaps this goes without saying, but it makes a
big difference if not.)

Also, what IOS version are you using? I've not found WCCP to be hard on
the router at all, in 12.0 versions. But I'm no Cisco expert, so may
have missed something. Lincoln has also made some rumblings here and on
isp-caching that WCCP is now very efficient and can be used with CEF,
and he is a Cisco expert.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances