Re: [squid-users] logging question

From: Mike Kiernan <mkiernan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:19:37 +0200

It does:

TCP_REFRESH_HIT

     The object was in the cache, but it was stale (old). An "If-Modified-Since"
request was made, and a "304 Not Modified" reply was received.

A code of 200 means 'ok' ie. it was modified since and it was retrieved.
If you run your logging as emulate_httpd_log_on you'll get :NONE or :DIRECT
tagged on the end which makes it a little clearer [I'm presuming the normal squid

log outputs them in the format you're quoting but I've never looked at a 'normal'

format squid log]

You can see it all happening if you add the line:
debug_options ALL,9

to your squid.conf; do a reload of the config file, let it run for a few seconds
(hopefully you have a reproducable test case where you get a TCP_REFRESH_HIT
of both types) edit it out and reload the config again (the debug output is very
verbose). You can then look in your cache log at the debug data and you should
be able to trace why you're getting the IMS lookups (then look at your
refresh_pattern line to confirm you're getting the behaviour you want)

best of luck,

Mike.

--
Onet.pl S.A.